Personal Tutors at Wrexham Glyndŵr University
All students at Wrexham Glyndŵr University are allocated a Personal Tutor whose main responsibility is to act as the first point of contact for their personal students and to provide pastoral and academic support throughout their studies at the University. It is a vital role to help you achieve success to the best of your ability.
Your personal tutor will be assigned during the first semester of the academic year, and your personal tutor details will be visible through the MyUni pages. If you are unsure who your personal tutor is, please contact your programme leader or the Student and Programmes Centre who will be able to help find this out.
You have the right to change your personal tutor at any time. If you wish to change your personal tutor, please contact your programme leader or the Student and Programmes Centre.
Your personal tutor will:
- develop and maintain a safe, confidential and supportive relationship with you
- provide advice, support and guidance to you on matters related to academic work, progress and personal development
- act as a of contact for you and provide personal, regular contact for you throughout the academic year
- represent you to the University, and the University to you
- help you maintain effective communication with other University support services
- have oversight of your personal and academic progress and engagement throughout your studies at Wrexham Glyndŵr University
- at all times respect your right to confidentiality, including obtaining permission from you should it be necessary to discuss any difficulties with others. The only exception to this would be when facing an urgent situation where there is a risk of harm to you or to others
- act promptly and efficiently in addressing any issues or concerns which you raise. If they cannot be dealt with through direct personal intervention, they will ensure that they are brought to the attention of other academic or support colleagues who may be able to provide effective help and support. This includes referral to other support departments such as Student Services, Study Skills, Finance and Welfare or the Students Union.
- maintain professionalism and respect in the oversight of your progress and academic development